What is Harvie
Harvie is a farm share management platform operated by people who have been providing software for small farms for years. We decided to use Harvie because we have experience working with a previous iteration of their farm share platform, and have heard lots of great things about Harvie, both for farmers and for consumers.
Benefits of Harvie for Customers
1) Unlike a traditional farm share, where members receive whatever the farmer picks that week (whether you like it or not!) Harvie uses an algorithm to customize shares based on your preferences. You can also swap items each week.
2) Harvie provides a streamlined payment platform. You don't have to pay for the whole season when you sign up (like in a traditional farm share) and you only have to enter your credit card once.
3) Harvie's platform allows for easy add-on purchases. You can pay for your River Queen Greens veggie share and additional locally made products that we offer through their site at any time.
4) Harvie allows you to put your share on "hold" when you go away for vacation. You don't have to pay for a missed week.
5) Harvie has lots of recipe suggestions and storage tips to use with the veggies you get from us!
6) Harvie has its own customer support department to respond to your logistical questions. This means you won't have to wait for us farmers to get back to you, when someone in an office looking at email all day can easily give you the information you need.
Sign up on Harvie!
Pricing Through Harvie
Harvie makes its money off each farm share transaction. We will be splitting the fee with customers, so that customers participating in our farm share will be spending a little more on our produce than farmers market customers do. This is built into the share price and we feel confident that you'll still be receiving a share value worth the price you pay. We also see the Harvie system as a big benefit to customers, not just us, so we believe (and hope you agree!) that the convenience and flexibility afforded by Harvie is worth the extra transaction cost. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions or would like more details about our prices.
A Note about Harvie's Member Agreement
If you're like me, you probably don't spend too much time reading through terms and conditions. However, we do want to be very clear that when you input your information into Harvie's platform, you are using a third party system (not River Queen Greens) and as they say in their Terms and Conditions, they do occasionally share your information with third parties in order to track the data that is the basis for their service. They do NOT sell your information, and for context have less invasive terms and conditions than Facebook, Instagram, or Apple. But nonetheless, if you have any questions or concerns about this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us or to customer service at Harvie. As we noted before, we've had good experiences working with the owner of this platform and trust that the intention of this service is to provide an excellent resource for the local food community and not to collect or sell member data.